We’re seeking a full-time Content Marketing Manager to join our growing team. As we continue to build out and develop content across all of our channels, you’ll own delivering projects from start to finish. You can expect the content you produce to be used on our blog, email, social, and website. You will help evolve our company voice, articulate our vision, communicate our values, and build awareness within the communities and customers we serve. Your audience will be CTOs/CSOs, engineers (developers) and their leadership, product managers, and others involved in IT security and connectivity.
Because we’re an early-stage and fully remote company, we’re looking for a motivated individual who can think on their feet, enjoys collaborating with highly technical teams, and is comfortable working asynchronously.
- Manage content projects from start to finish while collaborating with the rest of the Tailscale go-to-market team members.
- Evolve and maintain our brand voice, keeping it consistent across Tailscale marketing and company materials.
- Manage our original content and newsletter programs. That means managing the editorial calendar, editing blog posts for grammar and style consistency, writing original blog posts, wrangling writers, and publishing final blog posts.
- Act as the editor-in-chief of the blog by distilling technical concepts into clear, concise, and engaging content.
- Work closely with outside agencies, contractors, and internal resources on writing and editing projects while maintaining the overall editorial calendar.
- Manage and maintain a continuous stream of content emphasizing Tailscale’s features and benefits, blending your own writing with work from the engineers, co-founders, designers, and support.
- Craft public-facing messaging and copy that will be used across all of our channels.
- Collaborate with relevant stakeholders to own the process from concept development to delivery of the final content projects.
Ideally, you have
- 2+ years of professional writing and editing experience
- Strong writing and editing skills
- Great project management skills—you like writing everything down and following up to make sure projects make it across the line
- A sensitivity to nuanced tone and meaning
- Excellent grammar
- Familiarity with concepts in B2B SaaS
- Ability to learn complex subjects quickly
It’s nice if you have
- Experience with technical subjects and technical writers
- Experience in writing copy that converts
- Experience in working with a B2B blog/content engine
With the team, you’ll succeed with these sorts of goals
- A systematized content creation process that runs like clockwork
- Increase in net new website and social media traffic growth
- Increase in signups
- Increase in search engine keyword rankings
You should include these in your application
- Your resumé
- Some examples of past work. Ideally, this would include something you wrote and something you edited. The more technical, the better.
Tailscale is a fully remote company with employees in both the United States and Canada. We offer:
- Flexible (and reasonable) working hours—work/life balance is exceptionally important to us
- Competitive compensation and stock options
- Comprehensive medical/dental/vision benefits, and more
- 4 weeks of paid vacation (standard across the company) + 12 company holidays per year
- An allowance for equipment to help you personalize your workspace
This is a full-time position. Our team is spread across Toronto, Montréal, New York City, Seattle, San Francisco, Victoria, Phoenix, and elsewhere. We are looking for someone based in the continental United States or Canada who can maintain several hours a day of overlap with the Eastern timezone.
Tailscale is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is committed to building a work environment that is both diverse and inclusive. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of age, ancestry, creed, color, disability, ethnicity, family or medical care leave, gender, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the hiring process.
Only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. No recruiters, please.