We’re seeking a full-time Technical Support specialist to join our growing team. In this role, you will be responsible for providing frontline technical support for individuals, teams, and companies using Tailscale. Because we’re an early-stage and fully remote company, we’re looking for a motivated individual who can think on their feet, enjoys collaborating with highly technical teams, and is comfortable working asynchronously.
- Become an expert in the use of the Tailscale product, including Access Control, Authentication, and Routing features.
- Handle support requests from customers regarding issues occurring in their use of the product.
- Work closely with Customer Success, Sales, and Engineering to help users successfully deploy the Tailscale product.
- Collaborate with the Engineering liaison to debug and fix customer issues.
Ideally, you have
- 4+ years experience in technical support roles.
- 1+ years experience with networking. You should know what a subnet is and what routing does. CCNA or equivalent is a plus.
- Interpersonal communication skills and the ability to work effectively on a team.
- Excellent written communication skills. Much of the role is via email and forum-based conversations.
- A strong desire to work with customers and partners in solving problems.
Tailscale is a fully remote company with employees in both the United States and Canada. We offer:
- Flexible (and reasonable) working hours—work/life balance is exceptionally important to us
- Competitive compensation and stock options
- Comprehensive medical/dental/vision benefits, and more
- 4 weeks of paid vacation (standard across the company) + 12 company holidays per year
- An allowance for equipment to help you personalize your workspace
This is a full-time position. Our team is spread across Toronto, Montréal, New York City, Seattle, San Francisco, Victoria, Phoenix, and elsewhere. We are looking for someone based in the continental United States or Canada who can maintain several hours a day of overlap with the Eastern timezone.
Tailscale is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is committed to building a work environment that is both diverse and inclusive. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of age, ancestry, creed, color, disability, ethnicity, family or medical care leave, gender, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the hiring process.
Only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. No recruiters, please.