We’re seeking a full-time Field+Sales Engineer to join our growing team. In this role, you will be primarily responsible for providing technical support for customer evaluations, escalated support issues, and custom professional services. Because we’re an early-stage and fully remote company, we’re looking for a motivated individual who can think on their feet, enjoys collaborating with highly technical teams, and is comfortable working asynchronously.
- Become an expert in the use of the Tailscale product, including Access Control, Authentication, and Routing features.
- Handle escalations from the first level Support team of unusual issues occurring in customer use of the product.
- Work closely with Customer Success, Sales, and Engineering to help users successfully deploy the Tailscale product.
- Collaborate with the rest of the engineering team to debug and fix customer issues.
- Develop custom software integrations and professional services as required by specific customers.
Ideally, you have
- 3+ years relevant experience, roles as Field Applications Engineer, Sales Engineer, or Forward Deployed Engineer are especially relevant. Software Development and Engineering experience is a big plus.
- 1+ years experience with cloud computing: AWS or Azure or GCE or similar
- 1+ years networking / routing experience, CCNA or similar is a plus
- Interpersonal communication skills and ability to work effectively on a team
- Enjoy working with customers and partners in solving problems
- Languages: Go programming language experience is preferred
Tailscale is a fully remote company with employees in both the United States and Canada. We offer:
- Flexible (and reasonable) working hours—work/life balance is exceptionally important to us
- Competitive compensation and stock options
- Comprehensive medical/dental/vision benefits, and more
- 4 weeks of paid vacation (standard across the company) + 12 company holidays per year
- An allowance for equipment to help you personalize your workspace
This is a full-time position. Our team is spread across Toronto, Montréal, New York City, Seattle, San Francisco, Victoria, Phoenix, and elsewhere. We are looking for someone based in the continental United States or Canada who can maintain several hours a day of overlap with the Eastern timezone.
Tailscale is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is committed to building a work environment that is both diverse and inclusive. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of age, ancestry, creed, color, disability, ethnicity, family or medical care leave, gender, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the hiring process.
Only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. No recruiters, please.