Exporting a list of tailnet users
Using the Users page in the admin console, you can export a list of users in your tailnet. You can choose to download a list of all users, or you can filter by criteria to download a subset of users. Example of data in the download is user name, whether the user is active, when the user was last active.
The download file is in comma-separated values (CSV) format, which is recognized by many browsers and spreadsheet programs. Each row in the CSV file represents one user.
If you want to know how to export a list of devices, see Exporting a list of tailnet devices.
You need to be an Owner, Admin, Network admin, IT admin, or Auditor of a tailnet in order to access the admin console and export a list of users.
- Open the Users page in the admin console.
- (Optional) Click Status and/or Role to filter which users you want to list.
- Click the download icon at the top right of the page. This opens the Export users data to CSV dialog.
- If you have selected any filters, you have the option of either downloading all users or the subset of users selected by the filter.
- Click Download.
If your browser settings allow you to specify a file name:
- Specify the name of the file to use for the download, or accept the default name.
- Navigate to the location where you want to save the file.
- Click Save.
If your browser settings instead automatically download the file, look for it in the Downloads folder. The file name is of the form:
<organization-name>is your tailnet’s organization name.
<date-time>is the date and time the exported list was generated.
- The download is a point-in-time export based on the time that the download occurred. You cannot specify an earlier time to capture historical data.
- You cannot select which columns to export.
- Columns may change as we add or update features.